THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THE 2018 FESTIVAL IS APRIL 30TH, 2018.
The primary mission of the Baton Rouge Irish Film Festival is to showcase Irish talent through film, and give Irish filmmakers access to audiences in the United States. We would be honored to consider your short film, feature film or documentary for The Baton Rouge Irish Film Festival. Please read the guidelines and submit your film using the online form below. You will be notified via email once the selection process for this year is completed, no later than June 30th.
MANUAL WEB SITE SUBMISSION
FIRST, please make sure the film meets AT LEAST ONE of the following criteria:
- A majority of the film was shot or created in Ireland
- The film was directed or produced by a director, filmmaker or production company based in Ireland
- The film was co-produced with a production company based in Ireland
- The film was directed, produced or created outside of Ireland, but by an Irish filmmaker
- The film is about Ireland, an Irish person, place, or event, or pertains to the Irish cultural experience
SECOND, please read the following SUBMISSION RULES and GUIDELINES:
- Total running time for short films (any category or genre) must not be longer than 30 minutes. Documentary features must be at least 50 minutes, and narrative features must be at least 70 minutes.
- Submissions should be received by April 30th (“Regular Deadline”) to be considered for that year’s Festival. In special circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may consider a film submitted after the regular deadline through May 31st (“Last-Ditch Deadline”), but only films submitted prior to the Regular Deadline will be guaranteed consideration. Filmmakers will be notified of their film’s acceptance no later than June 30th.
- At this time, we do not charge a submission fee, and there are no stipulations as to genre, when the film was completed, or if/how the film has been released.
- Short films selected for the Festival will be eligible for The O’Kalem Award, which is an audience-voted award for Favorite Short Film. No other film awards are currently offered by BRIFF.
- Only the final version of a film will be accepted. Please do not submit incomplete films or works-in-progress.
- Foreign-language films must include English subtitles, both in submission and exhibition.
- Films must be submitted in the form of a DVD, Blu-Ray, online screener, or digital file via a storage device (Quicktime files are preferred). We accept all regions and aspects of discs, but please ensure the disc is playable before submitting, and be sure to label any materials with the name of the film.
- If chosen for exhibition at the Festival, the film must be made available in one of the following formats, in order of preference: DCP, Blu-Ray, Quicktime-compatible digital file, or DVD. Other exhibition formats requiring decks may be available upon request.
- We are generally unable to return submitted materials, but contact us in the event you need any materials returned to you after consideration, and we will do our best to accommodate the request. It is understood that all press materials submitted, including clips, photos and may be used to promote the Festival.
- By submitting the film, you confirm that you are duly authorized to submit the film for consideration, and that you have cleared all rights necessary to screen the film at this Festival. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival from any and all liability arising out of the submission or use of the film and any related materials.
FINALLY, for films with online screeners available, fill out the online form below and include a link to the screener as well as any password that may be required. Otherwise, you may either fill out the online form below and send us a copy of the film separately, or fill out a physical submission form and mail it to the address provided along with a copy of the film.
ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any other questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing your film!